Five Ideas for Family Spring Vacations
The ice and snow may not be over yet, but it is never too early to start thinking about a family vacation in the spring. Here are five amazing destinations that provide supervised kids’ activities as well as fun in the sun and activities for adults:
1. Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas – Atlantis is one of the best known hotels anywhere, but many people may not realize they have so many activities for children. Their Discovery Kids Camp will keep the little ones busy, as will its 14 acre water park and five swimming pools. There is also a shark lagoon, an open air marine habitat for snorkeling, and a million-gallon aquarium. Mom and dad may enjoy the spa, the casino, and fine dining.
2. Half Moon, Montego Bay, Jamaica – Children’s activities are available here for ages 4-19. The Hype Zone, a teen club, has various games, parties and a mini spa for ages 13-19. Younger children will enjoy the activities at Anancy Children’s Village. There is also biking, horseback riding, and swimming with dolphins.
3. Ritz Carlton, St. Thomas, VI – The Ritz Kids club offers half day or full day activities for kids aged 5-12 including snorkeling and scuba diving. There is also an optional sailing and windsurfing camp for ages 7-12. There are other physical as well as creative activities, and special kids’ menus. Fun at the beach or the pool is also a big attraction.
4. Hilton Waikoloa Village, Big Island, Hawaii – Our 50th state can seem like a foreign destination. But this resort is designed for families to relax and enjoy. In the Dolphin Quest area, kids as young as 2 are able to meet a dolphin with parental supervision. Older kids and teens can swim with dolphins in a variety of possible encounters. Camp Keiki offers activities for kids 5-12, and there is a free meal plan for kids aged 4 and younger. Tennis, water sports, beaches and pools round out the offerings.
5. Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, Puerto Morelos, Mexico- And lastly, a destination that “fosters togetherness.” Just 20 minutes from Cancun, Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style. They especially cater to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid’s club, and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner is available to coordinate family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. It has something for everyone.
For help in deciding which family vacation is right for you, please contact us and let us plan a family adventure you will remember for a lifetime.
What is your favorite family vacation spot?