Five Reasons Los Cabos Is Your Dream Vacation Destination
Los Cabos, sitting on the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula, includes the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. The Resort Corridor, a modern highway with its own posh resorts, golf, and fishing, is situated between the two towns. Remote and rural until the latter half of the 20th century, the area now hosts over 2 million tourists a year. But why is it one of the premier tropical destinations and why is it your dream vacation destination?
1. Dual Destination: Los Cabos is known as a dual destination because of its two distinct vacation personalities. San Jose del Cabo is a peaceful, authentic Mexican town complete with cobblestone streets, quiet restaurants and the quaint vibe of local shopping and markets. The town’s central square is anchored by the mission church giving the area an historic feeling. In unmistakable contrast, Cabo San Lucas is a modern resort area with spas, luxurious resort accommodations, contemporary shopping centers, and lively nightlife. Night fall in Cabo San Lucas is party central. In between the two is the Resort Corridor with some of the most picturesque ocean front resorts in Mexico.
2. Weather: With an average of 350 days of sunshine, an average annual temperature of 78 degrees and an average water temperature of 72 degrees, Los Cabos has near perfect year round weather. The area rarely sees tropical storms or hurricanes as most storms pass to the south so it offers a uniquely ideally dependable vacation location. When you think of warm, sunny, tropical vacations, Los Cabos is a sure thing.
3. Activities: Whether you like quiet days on a sunny beach, local culture, uniquely Mexican shopping or exciting water sports, Los Cabos has something for you. Most resorts offer luxurious on-premises spa experiences with traditional Mexican treatments. Located near the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez there is no shortage of water related activities. From snorkeling, parasailing, swimming with the sharks, whale watching, boating or sport fishing, For the best whale watching plan your vacation between mid-December and mid-April to take advantage of the migration of the whales. Once called “the aquarium of the world” by Jacque Cousteau, Los Cabos is home some of the world’s best fishing. The annual Bisbee’s tournament in October lures fisherman from all over the world.
4. Amazing Food: Boasting some of the area’s best open-air dining, Los Cabos offers everything from informal taquerias to luxurious dining experiences to the newly fashionable organic, farm-to-table dining. Chef Enrique Silva’s farm-to-table restaurant Huerta Los Tamarindos not only offers an authentic organic meal but also individual or group cooking classes. Don’t miss the tamarind margaritas! Being located in the Baja Sur area, Los Cabos features Baja wines and tequila. Try some of the local delicacies like chocolate clams, tamales de guemes, smoked marlin and fish tacos.
5. Breathtaking Beaches: Let’s face it…a tropical vacation is all about the beach. Los Cabos does not disappoint. Lover’s Beach or Playa del Amor with its wondrous caves and rock formations and crystal clear water, is a popular location for snorkeling. If you prefer a lazy day sunning, swimming or taking romantic walks, Solmar Beach is for you. It is known as one of the most beautiful beaches in the area. But if a party spot is what you seek, the world famous Mango Deck at Medano Beach is where you’ll find it. Whatever vacation experience you prefer, Los Cabos has it.
For more information on this luxurious and breathtakingly beautiful destination and help in planning your vacation contact us as The Tropical Travelers. By phone at 1-800-479-0949 or visit our website to start planning the vacation of a lifetime. Your tropical paradise does exist and we know where to find it.